The wonderful (and chilly!) Gruber wedding is on the blog tonight! Take a peak to learn about this brave and beautiful couple!Read More
This summer has been amazing for Creative Joy Event Solutions! We are growing and growing and the opportunities are flowing. (See what I did there!) I am absolutely so grateful for the folks I've been working closely with. The couples, the vendors, the venues, and everyone in between have been wonderful and so unbelievable trusting.
When I officially began CJES last year, I had no idea what would come of this small business. But I did know that I was passionate and would be fierce in my pursuit of helping clients have beautiful, dream-worthy, and stress-free weddings.
Some of my couples ask why "Creative Joy Event Solutions"?
- Creative: This is my creative outlet. With my technical background, I knew there was a large part of my life and ability that was untapped.
- Joy: It's not an emotion, its a choice to be joyful and it's a gift to have something to be joyful about. So, it's my absolute joy to work with loving couples to make their wedding day stress-free and hopefully make new friends in the process.
- Event: Surprise! I plan events of all types.
- Solutions: I like to combine this word with creative to make creative solutions. A lot of event planning is just problem solving to make an outcome happen when you're facing challenges. That's what gives me pride with my couples, facing an obstacle and finding a solution that is in budget, because that is key.
If you're reading this and wondering if you truly need a wedding planner or coordinator, I get it! This is your day, maybe your budget is tight or you don't want to relinquish any control. With my process, you make all of the decisions with none of the stress, and I think you'd be surprised with how budget-friendly my packages and services are. Reach out today to set up a free consultation.
Guest blog - Should you have a first look?Read More
Twenty years is a long time... think about your life twenty years ago or maybe try to predict where you will be twenty years from now. It's hard to do that, there are so many variables that make life unpredictable. Megan and Scott have known at least one constant over the course of the last 19 years and on their 20th anniversary as a couple, they will be tying the knot.
An intimate, formal wedding will mark their 20th anniversary as they celebrate their past and look forward to the future. In order to keep their guest list small (and the feel a bit more formal) they've decided not to invite kids. This is one of many ways to keep the guest list more private and the budget more cost-friendly. Plus, smaller guest lists call for more intimate venues to really make your event special. Megan and Scott have chosen the beautiful Gates of Heaven on the edge of Lake Mendota. This historic Madison-proper synagogue has been restored and maintained by Madison's parks department as an events venue.
You may be thinking, what's the etiquette around not inviting kids to my wedding? How are my guests going to react to that request? And most importantly, how do I tell them? These are tough questions but the thing to remember is that your guests are coming to celebrate you two as a couple to help you start your married life together. Hopefully, it is clear to them that you are not trying to put them out, but rather, create a special atmosphere for your big day.
Below are a several recommendations for communicating your adults-only request to guests:
- Make sure to only address invitations to the actual guests invited. Don't address your invitation to "The Smith Family" if only "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" are invited. Also, try to include an "Adults-only reception" tag in the corner of your invitation if possible.
- Update your wedding website to reflect those general guest-list details. A note that reads: "The reception will be adults-only" in a public place will go a long way. This is also a good place for details about dress code.
- Never underestimate the power of word-of-mouth. If your close family knows that you're having an adults-only reception, whenever they have conversations about your event, they will help spread the word informally.
- If you have out-of-town guests and you want to be extra accommodating, think about hiring a babysitter to watch kids during the event to make sure adults can relax knowing their child is being taken care of close by.
Ultimately, you will want to read your families and determine the best way to communicate sensitive details. If you have wedding etiquette questions, or want to know how to navigate a tricky situation, reach out to me personally via phone or email, I'd be happy to talk through any questions you may have.
I am absolutely thrilled to announce that Kalia and Kirby have joined the Creative Joy Event Solutions family for their fall 2018 wedding! They are a wonderful couple who want a simple, elegant, and joy-filled day that won't break the budget. Pinterest has been my home-base for collecting ideas and keeping track of theming options for each of my CJES couples.
Kalia and Kirby want to focus on greenery to enhance the natural beauty of their venue. This will be easy-peasy because they are getting married at Sugarland in Arena, WI. The centerpiece of the 19th century country estate is a giant oak tree where Kalia and Kirby have decided to share their vows.
Do you have upcoming nuptials? There is no shame in needing help with the wedding planning game. I am here to help couples enjoy their unique engagement period and most of all, their wedding day. No one should fret (yes I said fret, I'm from the south) on one of the most important and memorable days of t heir lives.
Reach out anytime via my contact page to schedule a free consultation! I would be happy to talk through my services, packages, and pricing.
Creative Joy Event Solutions welcomes you to our site! Please like our Facebook page to stay up to date in the happenings and promotions of CJES.
CJES provides many services to the Madison, WI newly engaged couples! Navigate to our services page to see full descriptions of how CJES can assist you in your wedding planning and coordinating endeavors.
Thanks for visiting,